Massage therapy is a very popular treatment options for treating a variety of different conditions and injuries. Viewed widely as an alternative form of medicine, massage therapy uses various pressures and hand movements to physically manipulate soft tissue, or the body’s ligaments, muscles, and tendons. This treatment offers several benefits, including alleviating pain, releasing muscle tension, and even the reduction of stress and anxiety levels. Even more, massage therapy has no severe side effects or risks, which makes it a great alternative to more common treatment like painkillers or surgery.
Similar to massage therapy, chiropractic care is another form of alternative medicine and focuses on a holistic approach to treating patients with certain conditions or injuries. Chiropractors, such as our chiropractor in Honolulu, can use chiropractic care to alleviate pain and to treat issues with the spine and the nervous system.
Combining Chiropractic Care and Massage Therapy
If you are experiencing back pain, neck pain, or other pain and discomfort, seeking both chiropractic care and massage therapy can be very beneficial. In fact, many chiropractors recommend that their patients go through massage therapy before performing a chiropractic adjustment. The techniques used in massage therapy help relax patients muscle tension, which will allow the chiropractor to manipulate the spine more efficiently during the adjustment. Essentially, the more relaxed your muscles are, the more successful the manipulation will be. When combining both treatments, you can experience the following benefits:
- Pain Relief– Combining both massage therapy and chiropractic care will help reduce main and tension. While both procedures alone will offer pain relief, when combined, the ability to reduce muscle tension and soreness throughout the body is increased.
- Increased Mobility and Scar Tissue Reduction– Using both massage therapy and chiropractic care can be effective at increasing a patient’s mobility and range of motion. It also can help eliminate scar tissue near the site of an injury.
- Faster Healing Process– With both chiropractic care and massage therapy can also help with patients recovering from an injury or condition. The manipulation process of massage therapy can increase the body’s ability to heal, which ensures a quicker recovery.
- Reduced Headaches– After back pain, headaches are one of the top reasons patients seek chiropractic care. Chiropractic and massage manipulation can ease tension headaches, migraines, and headaches created by spinal pressure as well.
- Eased Muscle Tension– Chiropractic massage therapy diminishes muscle tension and reduces stress. This creates a greater sense of well being and relaxation.
Chiropractic Care and Massage Therapy in Honolulu
Overall, utilizing both massage therapy and chiropractic care is a fantastic combination of promoting holistic health. Both pain relief treatment options can bring great benefits. If you are experiencing pain or discomfort in your back, neck or spinal area, Honolulu Pain Relief Center can provide you with the pain relief you need. Offering both massage therapy and specialized chiropractic care, our pain relief specialists can help alleviate your conditions and injuries. If you are interested in learning more about our chiropractic care and massage therapy, contact Honolulu Pain Relief Center or stop by our office.